The Faculty of Mass Communication at Pharos University in Alexandria is committed to developing the students’ scientific knowledge, intellectual skills, professional skills, and general skills to prepare distinguished graduates, who are able to meet the needs of the local and international media labour market, by working in the various fields of Media. The faculty of Mass Communication at Pharos University is committed to encouraging the Faculty members to carry out cutting- edge scientific research to make significant contributions to the community.
The Faculty of Mass Communication at Pharos University is keen to achieve a distinguished and competitive position amongst the faculties of Media in Egypt and the Middle East by means of providing a distinctive education that seeks diversity and aims to transfer knowledge and innovative scientific research that contributes to serving the community in the light of the local and international quality standards of Media education.
Specialization begins in the second year. The faculty offers a bachelor degree in the following departments and divisions:
- Department of Journalism and Digital Publishing
- Journalism Division.
- Digital Publishing Division.
- Department of Public Relations and Marketing Communications
- Public Relations Division.
- Marketing Communications Division.
- Department of Radio and Television Production
- Radio Division.
- Television Production Division.
Why study Mass Communication at Pharos University?
- The university provides the latest educational technology such as: active and interactive learning, electronic learning, cooperative learning, and practical training.
- Endorses professional research and training partnerships with third parties.Ensures training under the supervision of senior journalists.
- Ensures training under the supervision of senior journalists.
- Comprises a number of radio and television studios, professionally designed to be commensurate with the technical requirements of television and radio production.
- Radio Studio
- Radio Studio Control Room
- TV Studio
- Television Studio Control Room
- Radio and Television students practice their training in radio and television studios equipped with high-tech cameras, editing units and other advanced equipment.
- Journalism students train in the production of publications under the supervision of a team of senior journalists inside the faculty’s editorial main room, in addition to practical training of website production.
- Public Relations and Marketing Communications students are trained to produce various media productions to serve the institutions within the Media and Marketing Production Center at the faculty of Mass communication in addition to training at Public Relations departments at different organizations and advertising agencies.
- A protocol on field training was signed between the faculty of Mass Communication at Pharos University and Al-Ahram Institution, Al-Masry Elyoum, Radio and Television Institution at Maspero, several advertising agencies, among many other institutions.
- Radio and television
- Advertising agencies
- Printed and electronic press
- Public relations management