By the end of the IELTS preparation course, students should be able to:
- gain familiarity with the format, directions and test-taking strategies for all sections of the IELTS test.
- gain familiarity with the types of questions for each section.
- employ and sharpen strategies for the listening, reading, speaking, and writing sections of the IELTS test.
- develop confidence and time management skills.
- deepen one’s general knowledge of academic topics.
- skim and scan, identify main ideas and organize information.
- guess meanings of words in context and identify referents.
- summarize and paraphrase main ideas.
- develop listening strategies such as listening for gist and supporting details, making inferences, and identifying speaker’s stance.
- apply critical thinking skills.
- apply the language rules, spelling, grammar, and punctuation reviewed during the course.
- organize information, and analyze and express opinions.
- integrate main ideas from reading and listening.
- develop note taking skills and outlining.
- learn how to analyze written texts for specific information.
The course is intended for students planning to join undergraduate studies in which a standardized English proficiency level is a requirement. Also, the course is intended to graduate students who plan to join post graduate studies taught solely in English.
30 hours- Total 5 weeks – 2 days / week (3 hours / day)
Participants receive a certificate of attendance
For queries and registration
Tel: – 03-3877 231 / 238