Mass Communication | Welcome message :
The Faculty of Mass Communication at the University of Pharos aspires to become one of the leading faculties in Egypt and the Arab world by providing a pioneering and unique model in media studies (education, training, and research). Students are encouraged to use the latest technological means and keep up with the current developments in media industry, in order to meet the needs of the local and international labor market.
Alexandria society in particular and Marsa Matrouh, Behira Kafer El Shoikh, Mounfia and Lower Egypt governorates in general were excluded from the specialized information studies. In 2009 the Faculty of Information And Communication Arts was established to help enable qualified graduate and researchers to use the most recent communication and information technologies in the fields of printed and online press, broadcasting, public relations and advertisement.
The graduate will be able to compete in the local, regional and international markets, according to ethical commitment compatible with the values and ethics of the Egyptian and Arab societies. In addition, helping these societies by providing a model of information education following up-to-date development in information industry and education systems in the world, and according to the education quality conditions.
Prof. Fawzy Abd Elghani
The Faculty of Mass Communication at Pharos University in Alexandria is committed to developing the students’ scientific knowledge, intellectual skills, professional skills, and general skills to prepare distinguished graduates, who are able to meet the needs of the local and international media labour market, by working in the various fields of Media. The faculty of Mass Communication at Pharos University is committed to encouraging the Faculty members to carry out cutting- edge scientific research to make significant contributions to the community.
The Faculty of Mass Communication at Pharos University is keen to achieve a distinguished and competitive position amongst the faculties of Media in Egypt and the Middle East by means of providing a distinctive education that seeks diversity and aims to transfer knowledge and innovative scientific research that contributes to serving the community in the light of the local and international quality standards of Media education.
Specialization begins in the second year. The faculty offers a bachelor degree in the following departments and divisions:
- Department of Journalism and Digital Publishing
- Journalism Division.
- Digital Publishing Division.
- Department of Public Relations and Marketing Communications
- Public Relations Division.
- Marketing Communications Division.
- Department of Radio and Television Production
- Radio Division.
- Television Production Division.
- Teaching languages
- Arabic Information department.
- Radio and television
- Advertising agencies
- Printed and electronic press
- Public relations management
Why study Mass Communication at Pharos University?
- The university provides the latest educational technology such as: active and interactive learning, electronic learning, cooperative learning, and practical training.
- Endorses professional research and training partnerships with third parties.Ensures training under the supervision of senior journalists.
- Ensures training under the supervision of senior journalists.
- Comprises a number of radio and television studios, professionally designed to be commensurate with the technical requirements of television and radio production
- Radio Studio
- Radio Studio Control Room
- TV Studio
- Television Studio Control Room
- Radio and Television students practice their training in radio and television studios equipped with high-tech cameras, editing units and other advanced equipment.
- Journalism students train in the production of publications under the supervision of a team of senior journalists inside the faculty’s editorial main room, in addition to practical training of website production.
- Public Relations and Marketing Communications students are trained to produce various media productions to serve the institutions within the Media and Marketing Production Center at the faculty of Mass communication in addition to training at Public Relations departments at different organizations and advertising agencies.
- A protocol on field training was signed between the faculty of Mass Communication at Pharos University and Al-Ahram Institution, Al-Masry Elyoum, Radio and Television Institution at Maspero, several advertising agencies, among many other institutions