Overview and Objectives
The quick development in the uses of computers in different fields has resulted in making computer engineering and sciences the most developed fields at the present time.
Egypt pays special attention to computer technologies and its uses as one of the fundamental means for modernizing its industries and commercial system. The aim of Computer Engineering Department in PUA is to provide the society with Computer engineers capable of co-operating with the fast paced development in this field. To achieve this mission, our department promises to provide students with a strong scientific base that is enhanced with training and practical expertise for basic and specialized engineering sciences. Moreover, developing the competences of engineers to take part in engineering applications and scientific research in communities.
Basic science and general engineering sciences are intended for student from the first year. For the following four years, Computer Department attendee will spend more time practicing as computer engineers in problem solving, designing, implementing and maintaining computer systems while general engineering studies will decrease gradually. Since the technology moves forward rapidly, computer attendee will also learn how to keep their knowledge updated through further education or exploring available resources and through educations seminars and workshops. Graduates of this department will be able to utilize their professional education / knowledge for the benefits of the society or /and their profession. Moreover, assuming leadership positions in industry academia and public service, and/ or contribute positively to their growth and sustainability.
Job opportunities for Computer Engineering Department graduates:
Graduates of computer engineering will:
- Practice as computer engineers in problem solving, designing, implementing and maintaining computing systems
- Utilize their professional education/knowledge for the benefits of the society or/and the profession.
- Keep their professional knowledge updated through further education or exploring available resources and through engineering educational seminars or workshops
- Assume leadership positions in industry, academia and public service, and/or contribute positively to their growth and sustainability.
Moreover, the department secures job opportunities for its graduates in the following bodies:
- Companies of computer systems and internet services and applications.
- Governmental and private companies and institutions such as Banking Agency, general institution for technical education and vocational training, in addition to different information centers.
- Ministries, universities and schools of both the Ministry of Education and the private sector as well.