Faculty Of Dentistry Dean Welcome :
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Faculty of Dentistry – Pharos University in Alexandria. We are proud to be a united family of dedicated staff members and employees. Cutting-edge methods of teaching are provided in the field of dentistry with the aim of graduating students able to compete in the Egyptian and international labor markets. The faculty provides the best therapeutic level for patients visiting our clinics, taking into account the quality assurance standards and the dynamic curriculum standards. For the first time in Egypt, the bachelor students rehabilitate a medical case that includes all disciplines, in addition to a graduation project, providing the student with scientific and practical experience.
The Faculty of Dentistry urges its students to make meticulous scientific researches, which, after publication, raise the scientific overall classification of the faculty as a pioneer in the field of scientific research for students in Egypt and the Middle East.
Finally, I believe that education in the field of dentistry relies on creativity, as it provides a chance for students to explore the world and integrate with the rapid development in all fields of dental medicine.
Prof. Dr. / Yehia Ashour, B.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.
Dean of Faculty of Dentistry, PUA
Professor of Restorative Dentistry
Faculty Of Dentistry Mission
The faculty of dentistry aspires to present highly scientifically qualified graduates that keep up with modern technology in order to compete in the labor market on the national and regional levels. This takes place through combining the scientific, practical and research skills so as to serve the community in the field of dentistry.
Faculty Of Dentistry Vision
The faculty of dentistry – pharos university – aspires to become a pioneer in teaching dentistry on the national, regional and international levels to fulfill the needs of the community and to keep up with technology. It also aims at developing the scientific, research and leadership skills of students.
- Obtaining the accreditation of the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education.
- Qualifying undergraduate and postgraduate students in the field of dentistry.
- Developing the skills of the faculty members and teaching assistants so as to remain acquainted with the latest developments in teaching and learning methods.
- Developing scientific researches and motivating staff members to conduct and publish research projects, along with organizing conferences and seminars.
- Maintaining contact with the faculty alumni and providing them with continuing education courses to develop their research skills.
- Establishing outpatient dental clinics in the faculty so as to provide the community with advanced dental care.
- Maintaining an active role for the faculty in both community service and environmental development.
- Forming partnerships and developing good relations with other faculties of dentistry and scientific research institutions nationally, regionally and internationally.
- Constantly developing the faculty’s facilities so as to provide a suitable educational environment for the students.
The Faculty of Dentistry includes the following departments:
- Oral Biology
- Oral Pathology
- Oral Medicine and Periodontology
- Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterial
- Prosthetic Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pediatric and Community Dentistry
The Faculty of Dentistry comprises the following facilities:
- A faculty dental clinic which comprises 7 fully integrated clinics, 2 VIP clinics for dental implants and surgical procedures, a fully equipped dental radiology room with state of the art portable, fixed and panoramic radiographs, Cone Beam CT Scan (CBCT). The clinic is contributing to the local community and open its doors from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm daily
No. of patients in 2017 is 490 patient
- Pre-clinical phantom head dental labs
- Clinics for postgraduate
- CADCAM machine for chairside fabrication of fixed Prosthodontics (Zirconia & E-Max)
- Endodontic microscope
- GA operatory room for pediatric dentistry, oral and maxilla facial surgery which consist of :-
- Major operatory room
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit)
- Recovery room
- 2 patient rooms
- A central dental laboratory for dentures, porcelain crowns and bridges
- A dental warehouse for educational material
- Multi-purpose small study rooms
- A main auditorium and a conference hall
- A one year internship training to be able to obtain the practice license
- Health ministries and organizations (local-regional-international)
- Dental treatment centers and private clinics.
- Forensic medicine.
- Free dental practicing
Post Graduate Studies:-
- Master degree: removable Prosthodontics, fixed Prosthodontics and implant
- Clinical diploma includes conservative dentistry, fixed Prosthodontics and Implant, removable Prosthodontics and Endodontics. For more information Click here