Faculty of Arts And Design Dean Message:
It’s my pleasure at the beginning of this school year to welcome our new students who have been enrolled at the Faculty of Arts and Design at the University of Pharos, as well as our regular students who are studying in this faculty and I wish everyone a successful year full of achievements.
I would like to express that the Faculty of Arts and Design is glad to have you Freshmen Students joining us, and we will put all our possibilities and make every effort to help you achieve your target and expectations. I am sure that your excellent professors will give you the best scientific courses, guide, experiences and advice to cope with the contemporary issues particularly sustainable developments and the sustainable development goals . Faculty of Arts and Design programs have been designed to encourage her students to research, imagine and innovate, while ensuring students’ ability to offer and present their technical work in a professional outstanding work through the world of art and design, representing their experiences gained from theories and technical skills.
As I also encourage my regular students to continue on the path initiated, and make every possible effort to achieve greater success and achievement.
With my sincere wishes to you all the best of luck and success.
Prof. Hana A. Yassen
Dean of Faculty of Arts and Design
Faculty of Arts And Design Mission :
- Faculty of Arts and Design graduates a designer who is familiar with the needs of the society, the environment, all cultural and productive institutions and service providers. The Faculty provides him/her the knowledge and skills which enable them to get the opportunity to work locally and internationally.
- Provides an excellent academic environment for the students in order to increase their progressing and creativity, encourage the students to develop their innovative mental, self dependency, imagination and establish the culture of constant improvement in teaching.
- Provides a learning experience through a scientific research and co-operation with the industry, strengthening scientific, technical, cultural links with faculties, universities and Egyptian scientific regional and foreign organizations.
Faculty of Arts And Design Vision
- Faculty of Arts and Design becomes the main source of innovative design, creativity and the center of consulting and services in its different disciplines.
- Provides continual development in learning and scientific research in order to achieve the excellence in the arts and science of design, to serve labor market, community and environment.
THE FACULTY OF ARTS AND DESIGN IS CHARACTERIZED BY THE FOLLOWING DRAWING ROOMS, LABORATORIES AND SPECIALIZED TECHNICAL WORKSHOPS:
Specialized drawing rooms for studying still and life drawing – drawing rooms for different fields – Photography lab and studio – Computer labs for programs and different fields of specialization – Printing workshop – porcelain oven – mural painting workshop – industrial design workshop – knitting, sewing and composition on the mannequin workshop – Patrons Design Center provided with computers and an electronic drawing board – Lecture rooms equipped with the latest display modes – a library for different artistic fields.
Departments Accepting Literary & Scientific Division (Science/ Math) High School Graduates Or Equivalent:
- Décor Department
- Interior Design Program
- Expressive Arts Program ( Design for Theater, Cinema and Television )
- Graphic Department
- Graphic Design Program
- Illustration Program
- Media Arts Department
- Digital Media Program
- Animation and Video Film Program
- Painting Department
- Drawing and Painting Program
- Mural Design Program
- Fashion Design Department
The Faculty of Arts and Design – Pharos University awards a bachelor degree in Arts and Design in the previous disciplines and programs accredited and approved by the Supreme Council of Egyptian Universities and the Ministry of Higher Education.
(All applicants should take a technical and innovative capabilities test, held at the Faculty where the student’s success is a must for Faculty acceptance.)