- Capitalizing on the wide variety of pharmaceutical specialities to conduct applied scientific researches in the realm of nanotechnology.
- Linking scientific research to pharmaceutical industry through making a good use of the expertise of scientists and young researchers in order to discover new drugs.
- Forming a new research team in order to develop the Pharmacy
- Providing consultations for the drug production sector and taking prompt action towards linking the university to both society and industry.
- Holding training courses and workshops to raise the students’ awareness of the applications of nanotechnology in making modern pharmaceutical products.
- Developing scientific research in the realm of nanotechnology to serve humanity and working towards raising the numbers of researches that are to be published internationally. This in turn will contribute towards raising the world ranking of Pharos University among other international universities.
- Maged El-Ghazouly- the Chairman of the boards of the PUA Drug Research Centre and the Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology Research Lab.
- Osama Abdellatif, the Executive Manager of the PUA Drug Research Centre and the Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology Research Lab.
- The Academic Coordinators of Researchers at the Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology Research Lab:
- Associate Prof. Ragwa Mohamed Farid
- Associate Prof. Gehan Salah Mohamed Labib
- The Zetasizer Nano ZS used to measure particle size and Zeta potential, produced by Malvern Company (https://www.malvernpanalytical.com).
- The Fluorescence Spectrophotometer:
The Fluorescence spectroscopy is a type of electromagnetic spectroscopy which analyzes fluorescence from a sample, produced by Agilent Company (https://www.agilent.com/).
- The Freeze Dryer:
It works on two stages; the first is freezing the material below its solidification temperature and the second is removing the ice or solvent crystals at very low temperatures. It is produced by IlShinBioBase Company (https://www.ilshinbiobase-europe.com).
- The Deep freezer (-80˚C):
This device is used for some samples which need to be saved at -80 C. It is produced by Froilabo Company (https://www.froilabo.com/en/).
- Homogenizer T25:
It is used for the very high velocity homogenization necessary for the development of nanoparticles. It is produced by IKA Company (https://www.ika.com/en).
- DVII + Pro Viscometer:
It is used for the determination of the viscosity of liquid systems. It is produced by Brookfield Company (https://www.brookfieldengineering.com/products/viscometers).
On utilizing the Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology Research Lab, the MA/ PhD researchers should fill in the postgraduate application form and send it to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
On utilizing the Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology Research Lab, the postdoctoral researcher should fill in the postdoctoral application form and send it to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
- For the MA/ PhD application form, click here.
- For the postdoctoral application form, click here.