METP 301 - Therapeutic & Prosthetic Devices (1)
Course lecturer :
- Dr. Ehab Barakat
Course assistant :
Course objectives :
At the end of the course, the students will be able to;
- Deals with the fundamentals of Electrotherapy equipment.
- Understand each instrument theory.
- Known the background and principle of operation.
- The concept of the Electrical Safety Analyzers for each quipments.
- The international safety standards like AAMI, ANSI, IEC.,
Course description :
This course provides the basic knowledge about: Electrotherapy equipment, types of electrostimulation equipment, indications and contraindications of electrostimulation
Course assessment :
Research and interactive learning 7 % Mid-Term 15% Assignment 3% Final exam (Practical) 25% Final exam (Written) 50% Total 100%
Recommended text books :
Joseph D. Bronzino. The Biomedical Engineering Handbook. 3rd Edition (3 Volume Set). 2005. John G. Webster. Encyclopedia of Medical Devices and Instrumentation 6 Volume Set – Second Edition. 2007.
Recommended refrences :
• Biomedical Equipment: Artificial Organs and Prostheses. Bethesda, MD: Materials Information/Cambridge Scientific Abstracts, 2004.
• HANDBOOK OF BIOMEDICAL INSTRUMENTATION, THIRD EDITION •