MEIE201 – Instruments and Electrical Measurement
Course lecturer :
Dr . Mohamed Badawi
Course assistant :
Eng. Abdelrahman Gmal
Course objectives :
To build and strengthen the basic knowledge of instrumentation and electrical measurements for medical devices, Measuring and titrating instruments: blood pressure- stethoscope- cardiac catheter- heart beat regulation- respiratory and surgical instruments. Linear circuits: logarithmic amplifier and comparators (A/D and D/A). Converters and information access instruments. Physical measurements: pressure- flow- displacement and speed. Energy transformation and its circuit analysis. Effect of electricity on human body and prevention of its hazards. Electrical measurements: ECG…… etc throughout their study in the faculty. To graduate medical equipment technologists qualified scientifically and skilled to practice medical equipment.
Course description :
1. Measuring and titrating instruments
2. Error in measurements.
3. Electrical Measurement in linear circuits
4. Linear circuits, Null Method Of Measurements & Using Bridges In Electrical ct.
5. Logarithmic amplifier, Comparators (A/D and D/A).
6. Energy transformation and its circuit analysis.
7. Medical thermometers,
8. Electrical measurements: ECG…… etc.
9. Stethoscope, Cardiac catheter
10. Blood sugar meters, Total artificial hearts,
11. Stents, X-ray machines.
Course assessment :
Assessment Form Grades %
Mid-term exam 15 15
Practical exam 25 25
Assignment & Activities 10 10
Final written exam 50 50
Recommended text books :
K.A.Bakshi A.V.Bakshi U.A.Bakshi. Electrical Measurements & Measuring Instruments.4th edtion. 2017
Recommended refrences :
U.A.Bakshi, A.V.Bakshi. Electrical Measurements and Measuring Instruments. 3rd edtion. 2018.