Faculty Of Allied Medical Sciences Dean Welcome :
On behave of the staff of the faculty it is my pleasure to welcome you in your faculty with our best wishes for a successful period of your academic life. Pharos University of Alexandria (PUA) established the faculty of allied medical sciences in 2009 to prepare and provide the community with highly qualified specialists in different vital medical fields including nutrition, nursing and technologies of medical laboratories, medical equipment, radiology & medical imaging, optics, anesthesia & intensive care, and prosothodontic.
In AMS and in accordance with the visions and missions of the university and the college, we provide dynamic curricula with excellent, comprehensive and high quality programs with integrated practical and theoretical means targeting distinctive graduates who are equipped with the recent and advanced knowledge and skills that will serve them well for competition not only nationally, but also regionally & internationally. This is supported by the competent and distinguished staff members of the faculty who are doing their best for their students in all aspects, scientifically and socially. I advise the students to consult their professors in any scientific or personal problems, and I am sure they will do their best to help solving their problems.
In addition, The University offers excellent social and entertainment activity opportunities for the students and values their participation in local and international events.
Lastly, I hope that you will enjoy your stay in the University, wishing you all a fruitful academic life and a lot of fun among your colleagues and staff members.
The Faculty of Allied Medical Sciences seeks to serve society by providing the knowledge needed for all that is related to human health, through educating and graduating efficient medical technology specialist.
- graduate dynamic professional medical technology specialist, scientifically and practically distinctive, in order to improve the level of health services and to cover the medical needs of the labor market in Egypt and abroad, optimized to maintain the required health services quality.
- Call into existence new scientific departments other than the currently available, according to the needs of the medical labor market.
- Encourage scientific research and post graduate studies to keep pace with scientific progress.
Why Study Allied Medical Sciences At Pharos University?
- The Faculty of Applied Medical Science aims at training professional medical technology specialist qualified to practice in the various fields of modern medicine. The faculty aims to cover the needs of the Egyptian, Arab, and international medical labor market. Besides, the Faculty of Applied Medical Science encourages graduates to pursue graduate studies, whether master’s or doctoral degrees.
- A one year internship training for the students of all departments.
The Faculty Is Equipped With The Following Laboratories:
Biology Lab, Molecular Biology Lab, Biochemistry Lab, Anatomy Lab, Medical Equipmen,Lab, Optics Lab, Nursing, Anesthesia and Intensive Care Lab, Nutrition Lab, Radiology Lab,Ultrasound Lab, Prosthodontics Lab, General and Organic Chemistry Lab, Physics Lab.
- Medical laboratories, hospitals, and medical research institutes and centers.
- Medical and electronic equipment installation and maintenance centers.
- Medical imaging in hospitals, and specialized professional radiology centers.
- Intensive care units in different hospitals, and specialized medical centers.
- Nutrition clinics, hotels, hospitals and health care centers.
- Optical clinics and laboratories, as well as specialized centers in optical devices, lenses and laser treatment.
- Dental laboratories and clinics, and dental therapeutic manufacturing centers.
- The field of anesthesia in different hospitals and medical centers, inside operation rooms and intensive care units.
- Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences Departments
- Department of Medical Equipment
- Department of Medical Laboratory
- Department of Radiological Sciences And Medical Imaging
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Nutrition
- Department of Optical
- Department of Prosthodontics
- Department of Intensive Care and Anesthesia