MA254 – 2D Animation
Reem Lotfy Mahmoud SAAD
Course lecturer :
Eng. Maha Nasr
Course assistant :
Teaching the student the meaning of two-dimensional animation, manual and digital, its concept, rules and how to apply them in practice.
• Study the principles of design and animation used in the work of a series of pieces of vector drawings and how to move the meaning of interactive animation.
• The student\’s understanding of the relationship between two-dimensional and three-dimensional animation in their common ground
Course objectives :
The relationship between vector graphics and animation is explored by studying the principles of design and animation used in a series of vector drawings and how to move them, as well as an introduction to interactivity.
Course description :
– Final evaluation: (50)
– Interactive learning: (10)
– Projects and Sketches:(40)
Total = 100
Course assessment :
Recommended text books :
• The Illusion of Life / Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston
• nimator’s Survival Kit by Richard Williams
• Draw the Looney Tunes The Warner Bros. Character Design Manual.
• Character Animation Crash Course! by Eric Goldberg
• iming for Animation by Harold Whitaker and John Halas.
• Cartoon Animation by Preston Blair
• Drawn to Life Volume 1 and Volume 2 by Walt Stanchfield
• Drawn to Life Volume 1 and Drawn to Life Volume 2.
• Simplified Drawing for Planning Animation by Wayne Gilbert.
• Dynamic Life Drawing for Animators by Mike Mattesi and Acting for Animators by Ed Hooks.